Who doesn’t want to wake up every morning looking fresh and radiant? Impossible? Not so!
Believe it or not, there are ways to waking up with bright eyes, glowing skin, and a sexy bed head. And it all starts before you go to bed. Our body repairs and heals itself while we sleep but we also have to do our part to keep it looking and feeling young and healthy during the day.
Take time to pamper yourself after a hard day’s work. Establish a daily nighttime beauty routine to achieve gorgeous skin and hair over time. Here are ten things you can do to get you started.
1. Go barefaced. Let your pores breathe and relax by removing all traces of makeup from your face. Sleeping with a clean face prevents clogged pores which could lead to breakouts and unsightly blemishes.
2. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. It is very important to make moisturizing a part of your daily skincare regimen. Moisturizers keep the face and skin refreshed and hydrated especially during humid or dry months. Moisturizing the face also gives you a radiant and dewy look throughout the day.
3. Invest in a good eye cream. The skin around the eyes are more sensitive than the rest of the face. To prevent wrinkles or manage existing ones, and continuously hydrate the area under the eyes, apply an eye cream that’s richer than ordinary facial moisturizers.
4. Pamper your digits. Show your hands some lovin’ by slathering a softening cream all over. It’ll keep your nail beds looking healthy, and prevent the early signs of aging like sagging skin.
5. Pamper your feet. Give your tired soles some TLC by rubbing a soothing foot lotion all over. Or you may use petroleum jelly especially on cracked heels. Finish off by slipping into a pair of socks for the night. You’ll love how soft your feet feels in the morning.
6. Get the right amount of sleep. Turn in early to get a full 8 hours of sleep every night and allow your body to properly repair and recharge itself. It helps reduce stress, prevents breakouts and those ominous dark circles under your eyes. Plus, you’ll wake up feeling energized each day.
7. Floss after brushing. Brushing is already a part of one’s regular oral hygiene but sadly, not everyone flosses after. Flossing is an important aspect of dental health because it removes plaque, tartar, and bits of food in spaces that normal brushing can’t reach.
8. Moisturize your locks. Yes, your hair needs some overnight attention too. Look for overnight leave-in conditioners you can apply before going to bed. Then tie your hair into a loose bun or a single braid and voila, you’ll have shiny and silky tresses in the morning plus some sexy waves.
9. Keep your hair away from your face. Tie your hair into a loose ponytail to keep the strands away from your face while you’re sleeping or wrap it with a silk scarf. Natural oils of the hair tend to cause pimples and other breakouts on the face.
10. Ensure strong, thick, and healthy hair. Prevent thinning hair and avoid hair loss by stimulating hair growth. Apply a topical lotion that’s proven to effectively address hair fall like Novuhair, nature’s answer to hair loss, and you’ll wake up to lusciously beautiful and healthy locks every morning.