Male pattern baldness, medically known as androgenic alopecia, is the most common type of hair loss in men. It is usually caused by a combination of genetics, aging and male sex hormones called androgens, which are responsible for regulating the hair’s regrowth cycle.
With male pattern baldness, the hair’s growth cycle weakens and eventually stops. The condition also has predictable pattern for hair loss, including thinning hair and a receding hairline forming an “M” shape. Some men continue to lose hair until their scalp becomes completely bald.
Image Source: philstar.com
How to Deal with Male Pattern Baldness
While hair loss is a natural phenomenon of aging, most men still find it extremely distressing. Thankfully, there are several home remedies for hair fall and natural baldness cures in the Philippines. Here are some tips you can try at home to manage male pattern baldness:
(1) Enrich your diet with pro-hair food. Having a poor and unhealthy diet shows in the hair. Make sure you’re giving your hair enough nutrients to keep it strong and stimulated for hair regrowth. Food rich in iron, omega-3 and protein, including lean meats, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, are natural baldness cure options. Additionally, you should refrain from high-sugar food, fast food and alcoholic beverages.
(2) Consider taking food supplements. Hair loss can be linked to vitamin and nutrient deficiency. Food is the best source of essential nutrients, but there may be times when we fail to get enough. In such cases, supplements are available to act as a hair loss cure. Take note, however, that high doses of vitamins and minerals can harm your health. Consult your doctor first to know which supplements to take and the recommended dosage to suit your needs.
(3) Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking plenty of water per day may be one of the simplest home remedies for hair fall. It is also very crucial for one’s overall health and survival. The fact that every strand is composed of 25% water is further proof of how important water is to nourish and strengthen hair. To promote health and hair regrowth, drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
Image Source: escapingbroad.com
(4) Avoid brushing hair while it is still wet. Wet hair is fragile and weaker, and brushing hair while wet can lead to breakage. Instead, you can use a towel and let the air do its job. Using a wide-toothed comb is also a good way to prevent hair loss and stimulate the scalp to promote hair growth for men.
(5) Use natural, hair-thickening shampoo. Natural and organic shampoos and conditioners are free from artificial additives and potentially hazardous to the hair and health. Gentle on the hair and scalp, these products clean and nourish the hair, and at the same time serve as a natural hair loss cure by promoting thicker and healthier hair regrowth. NOVUHAIR®, the leading hair loss treatment in the Philippines in 2019, contains mild and natural ingredients that are proven safe and effective for several types of hair problems, including baldness.
While waiting to regain your crowning glory, you can try some hairstyles that can cover the bald spots or the appearance of hair thinning. You can also try wearing a wig or toupee that matches your hair type. Scalp sprays can be an option, too, as they can cover the thinning areas in your scalp.