Having a thick head of hair has always been identified with youth, masculinity, and virility among men. So just imagine how troubling it is for a man to discover he’s going bald. Hair loss is one of the most common problems men face even as early as in their 20’s. There are different causes for hair loss – poor diet, a deficiency in certain vitamins and minerals, stress, pollution, and genetics. Male pattern baldness, which accounts for about 95% of hair loss conditions among men, is largely due to a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that results in thinning hair and receding hair lines.
But it’s not yet too late. Guys, read on for several easy and simple ways on how to handle and manage hair loss and save those remaining strands.
1. Be mindful of what you eat. What you put into your body also affects your mane as it gets the needed vitamins and minerals for healthy hair growth from your food intake. Avoid fried food and too much sweets. Sugar enables the release of testosterone, which in turn will be converted to DHT.
Sourced from National Cancer Institute via Wikimedia.org
2. Load up on protein-rich food instead. Add more lean meat, fish, chicken, dairy, and other sources of proteinto your diet to promote healthier hair and keep your mane in optimum condition.
Photo by Smastronardo via Wikimedia.org
3. Drink lots of water. Water is not only good for the body but for the hair as well. The hair shaft is made of one quarter water so drink at least eight glasses of water daily to keep the strands hydrated and healthy.
Photo by ???? via Wikimedia.org
4. Skip the after-shower brush. Hair is more prone to damage when wet. Using a brush after showering may cause the strands to break or snap due to the unwanted friction, leading to added hair fall. Use your fingers to untangle knots or if you have to comb, use a wide-toothed one instead.
Photo by AMagillvia via Everystockphoto.com
5. Let hair dry naturally. Take it easy on your mane when wet. Break the bad habit of rubbing the hair dry with a towel post-shower. Aggressive rubbing after showering will roughen up the cuticle and will easily cause frizz and breakage. Let hair dry naturally instead or use a cotton shirt to pat it dry.
Image via Everystockphoto.com
6. Ditch the cancer sticks. Proper blood circulation to the scalp and follicles is essential for the hair’s health. Smoking cigarettes affects the flow of blood to the scalp and this will inhibit the growth of hair.
Sourced from Tobacco Use-CDC Vital Signs-September 2010 via Wikimedia.org
7. Take vitamins for the hair. Vitamin A facilitates a healthy sebum production; Vitamin B promotes the hair’s healthy color; and Vitamin E aids in proper blood flow. The right kinds of vitamins provide nourishment to the hair, keeping it strong and healthy.
Photo by Sage Ross via Wikimedia.org
8. Exercise regularly. Devote at least 30 minutes of your time daily for exercise. It does wonders not only for your physique and general health but also for your hair. Regular exercise helps balance hormonal levels in the body and reduces stress, thus, also lessening the chances of hair fall.
Photo by Ed Yourdon via Wikimedia.org
9. Switch shampoos. Check the label on your shampoo. You might be unwittingly using chemicals that are too harsh on the hair and scalp. Look for a shampoo with mild and natural ingredients that’s specifically formulated to address hair loss like Novuhair, nature’s answer to hair loss.
10. Use a tried and tested topical solution. There are many treatments and solutions touted to address hair loss but unfortunately, not everything works. Go for the tried and tested product that’s proven to effectively strengthen the hair, reduce hair loss, and promote hair regrowth like Novuhair, nature’s answer to hair loss.
Novuhair Topical Scalp Lotion is available as an individual purchase; as part of a combo pack that includes Novuhair Herbal Shampoo and Topical Scalp Lotion; or a 3-in-1 pack with Novuhair Herbal Shampoo and Conditioner and Topical Scalp Lotion; and a 2-in-1 plus one with two Novuhair Shampoos plus Topical Scalp Lotion, all in 200 ml bottles.
Distributed by Nutramedica, Novuhair products are available nationwide in all Mercury Drug outlets, Watson’s branches and other drug stores like Rose Pharmacy and South Star Drug. For more information, visit www.novuhair.com, check out their Facebook page at Novuhair Official, follow them on Twitter at@NovuhairNatural, or call their hotlines at (02) 413-6570 or 0922-8830575.