Wondering how to get picture perfect hair like those in shampoo commercials? Looking for ways to boost limp locks? Fret no more, you too can have commercial-ready hair right at your home. Here are just a few tips and tricks to add more body and bounce to your tresses.
1. Switch to hair-friendly products. Check the labels on your shampoo, conditioner and other styling products for ingredients that may cause more damage to your hair. Some products contain chemicals that strip off natural oils, causing the weakening and thinning of hair strands over time. Look for products made with natural and organic ingredients that protect and promote healthy hair plus some volumizing properties.
2. Load up on nutrient-rich food. Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet with nutrients essential for keeping your locks strong and shiny. Consume protein-laden food like eggs, milk, and cheese to strengthen the hair. A boost of Vitamin C from fruits also helps in adding more bounce to your mane. Iron, mostly found in red meat, also promotes faster hair growth for thicker hair.
3. Change the part of your hair. Part your hair differently than the usual. Simply switching your part to the opposite side instantly adds volume to the roots of your hair, whereas donning the same part every day tends to flatten the hair.
4. Pair the right styling tools and techniques. Ditch the flat brush and opt for a rounded one to achieve more fullness, starting at the roots. And when blow drying your hair, try this volume-enhancing technique – flip your hair over and start at the nape moving towards the crown of your head.
5. Go classic with rollers. Give your tresses an instant lift with classic velcro or snap-on rollers. When hair is dry, take sections of your hair and wrap them around the rollers. Leave them on for a few minutes, mildly heat using a blow dryer and once hair is cool, remove the rollers. Smoothly run your hands through your hair and you’re ready to hit the door.